To apply, Click here.
Climb into a high-paying career in truck driving in just five weeks.
Contact Texas State Technical College Professional Truck Driving for more information:
Tammy Hicks, Recruiter 903-923-3403 (7 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes start every two weeks
- Five-week certification/training program
- Payment options:
- Private company rates available
- VA (Veterans Affairs)
- Sallie Mae loan
- WIA (Workforce Investment Act)
- DARS (Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services)
- Graduates earn a certificate of completion and CDL
- FREE 40-hr refresher courses for life
- FREE job placement assistance for life
- One week in the classroom
- Four weeks of classroom and hands-on learning to safely driving a tractor trailer rig
- Train in empty and weighted trucks
- Train using clutch and floating of the gears
- Six-hour defensive driving for tractor/trailer
- All instructors have 20+ years of experience
Housing: To access the application and information for Student Housing, click here.
Registration: To apply, click here.
All students must be registered by the end of the day on the Wednesday before start of class.
SallieMae: For more information, click here.
Schedule: Class schedule is available here.
- SallieMae Student Loan TSTC in Marshall offers student financing through Sallie Mae for the Professional Truck Driving program. This funding option is a federal government loan for career training programs with a low-interest rate and low monthly payments. Individuals can apply with or without a co-signer. Loan application process is online and notification of loan acceptance is immediate. Click here for more information.
- VA Funding TSTC's Professional Truck Driving program is now VA approved for those who are eligible, which means VA funding is provided for veterans to pursue a certificate in this field. Hazlewood benefits cannot be used for this or any CE (continuing education) program. VA benefits can be used for tuition and fees only.
Truck Driving - High Demand Occupation
Truck driving ranks in the Top 10 High Demand Occupations list in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report. Currently, there are more job openings than there are drivers to fill them. In order to meet demand, tuition reimbursement is also an option for many over-the-road companies.
Remember, the course is five weeks in length and students receive job assistance upon graduation.
Call TSTC at 903-923-3403 or email email@example.com to find out how to secure an entry-level job as a local or as an over-the-road driver with a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).