When do I apply?
International student applicants should complete all admissions requirements at least 90-days prior to the expected entry date.
What are my admission requirements?
- Admissions Application
- Official transcripts from secondary schools through post-secondary work previously completed, whether taken in a foreign country or in the United States. (Foreign transcripts must be translated into English and must be certified by the Ministry of Education or comparable agency in the student’s respective country. )
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- 550 on paper exam
- 213 on a computer-based exam
- Exemptions: TOEFL exam exemption for students from: Australia, England, Ireland, Philippines, Jamaica, Trinidad, New Zealand, and Canada (west of Ontario). French is the native language east of Quebec, in part of Nova Scotia, and New Brunsfield.
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Exam or exemption if applicable. TSI exam's results or exemption will not be used as a basis for admission, but will be used to determine placement.
- Student Immunization Records.
- Housing Form for more information contact at 956.364.4235 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Affidavit of Support
- Proof of ability to meet personal and academic expenses. A minimum of $17,238 (U.S.) is currently required to meet expenses.
- Valid financial support documents (less than one year old from date of enrollment) must indicate the minimum U.S. dollar amount required by TSTC Harlingen. The required minimum is subject to change without notice.
Where do I mail my application packet?
International Student Admissions
Texas State Technical College Harlingen
1902 North Loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550
Contact the Office for College Information at 956.364.4117 or toll free 1.800.852.8784 or via e-mail email@example.com
Applicants from Mexico
TSTC Harlingen waives the out-of-state tuition for eligible applicants from Mexico.
Who is eligible?
- Residents of Mexico and currently living in Mexico
- Resident of Mexico temporarily living outside of Mexico with definite plans to return to Mexico
(Applicants from Mexico planning to stay in the United States indefinitely are not residents of Mexico.)
How much does it cost?
Eligible students pay tuition equal to that charged Texas residents provided the student has demonstrated a financial need.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 956.364-4332 or toll free at 1.800.852.8784 ext 4332. or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas State Technical College maintains an open admissions policy, but admission to the college does not guarantee admission to all programs. Admission to some TSTC programs have specific requirements. Information about the programs are available at the College Information Office located in the Student Services Building.