The Agricultural Technology department supports the mission of the College and the Instructional Division by providing and maintain an efficient, high quality certificate- level technical education program. We provide the Agricultural industries in Texas a highly- trained Technician who performs exceptionally well at the entry level and is skillful in the use of safe and sound principle practices and applications in the management of livestock and crop production. Through affiliations, including State and Federal Government Agencies, as well as, privately owned businesses the students gain knowledge and experience necessary for the workforce. The ultimate purpose of the department is to assist qualified graduates in obtaining initial employment as an entry-level Agricultural Technician and to progress in that employment through satisfactory on-the-job performance and through continued education in the field.
Customer Service Principles:
- To provide highly skilled and trained professionals to effectively meet students' needs.
- The department continues to stay abreast of changes in the field of Agricultural Technology.
- Provide courtesy and open door policy for student relations.
- Respond to student complaints in a timely manner.
Customer Service Goals, Objectives, and Standards:
- To continue to seek methods of improvement for classroom instruction.
- To seek new sites to expand students technical training.
- To improve customer service relations:
- Developing a customer service survey form for customer suggestions
- To provide timely and effective student advisement
- Work closely with the office of Student Success for retention of students.
- Work closely with the Recruitment Office to improve student enrollment.
- Maintain and expand the Agricultural Technology Web site to include:
- Student resources
- Curriculum Programs
Process for Receiving Information and Filing Complaints:
The Agricultural Technology Department commits to provide an open and fair resolution process for student complaints. Student complaints will be documented and brought to the attention of the program chairman of the Agricultural Technology Department. If further assistance is needed to resolve the student complaint , the complaint will be forwarded to the Texas State Technical College Customer Relations Representative. Student complaints will be reviewed and resolved in a timely manner.
The Agricultural Technology Department strives to produce highly skilled entry level technologists to the Agricultural Technology industry therefore the department is open to any suggestions to improve the quality of instruction at Texas State Technical College.
Customer Relations Representative:
Mary Gallegos Adams
Vice President for Student Development
1902 North Loop 499
Fax (956) 364-5126