The Aviation Maintenance Technology Department supports the mission of the College and the Instructional Division by providing and maintaining an efficient, high quality Associate of Applied Science Degree along with a certificate- level technical education program. We provide the Aviation industries in the U.S. with a highly trained Aviation Maintenance Technician who performs exceptionally well at entry level and is skillful in the use of safe and sound principles, practices, and applications in the field of Aviation Maintenance . Through affiliations, including those with a variety of general aviation FBO's advisement and guidance are provided for our students and through non-traditional instructional delivery methods, the students gain knowledge and experience necessary for the workforce. The ultimate purpose of the Aviation Maintenance Technology Department is to provide highly skill Aircraft Mechanics to industry.
Customer Service Principles:
- To provide highly skilled and trained professionals to effectively meet students' needs
- The department continues to stay abreast of changes in the field of Aviation Maintenance.
- Provide courtesy and open door policy for student relations.
- Respond to student complaints in a timely manner.
Customer Service Goals, Objectives, and Standards:
- To continue to seek methods of improvement for classroom instruction.
- To continuously update our equipment to expand students technical training.
- To improve customer service relations:
- Developing a customer service survey form for customer suggestions
- To provide timely and effective student advisement
- Work closely with the office of Student Success for retention of students.
- Work closely with the Recruitment Office to improve student enrollment.
- Maintain and expand the Aviation Maintenance Technology Web site to include:
- On line employment possibilities
- On line access to all information about our program
- Student resources
Process for Receiving Information and Filing Complaints:
The Aviation Maintenance Technology Department commits to provide an open and fair resolution process for student complaints. Student complaints will be documented and brought to the attention of the department chairman of the Aviation Maintenance Technology Department. If further assistance is needed to resolve the student complaint , the complaint will be forwarded to the Texas State Technical College Customer Relations Representative. Student complaints will be reviewed and resolved in a timely manner.
The Aviation Maintenance Technology Department strives to produce highly skilled entry level technicians to the Aviation Maintenance industry therefore the department is open to any suggestions to improve the quality of instruction at Texas State Technical College.
Customer Relations Representative:
Mary Gallegos Adams
Vice President for Student Development
1902 North Loop 499
Fax (956) 364-5126