The Business Management Technology Department's mission is to advance the comprehensive development of its community by:
- Providing college courses and programs through the associate's degree level and one-year certificate plans along with appropriate student support and preparation for these studies.
- Meeting a broad spectrum of community needs, including training and workforce development, educational support, life enrichment, and civic and cultural advancement. To meet changing needs for educational programs and services, the college continually interacts with its community.
Customer Service Principles
In providing access to higher education for all our citizens, the Business Management Technology Department (BMT) will strive to build a climate that will support rigorous and relevant programs of study in response to business and community needs. Additionally, the department affirms the following principles:
- Visitors will always be welcomed with prompt, courteous service.
- Customers will receive the services and information they request, or we will explain why we cannot meet the request.
- Customers will be fully informed of the process required for scheduling of classes and completion of department plans.
- We will always respond to inquiries from our customers in a timely manner.
- Customers will be asked regularly to help us improve our services and business practices.
- Our facilities will be safe, clean, up to date with current technology, and informative.
- Our facilities and programs will be accessible to customers throughout the community and workforce.
- Make available a place for students to offer suggestions to increase customer service.
- Develop effective guidelines to properly and effectively advise new and returning students on career paths, degree, and certificate plans.
- Continue to keep current with emerging technologies to teach current technical skills and use of current and future automated office equipment.
- Develop the department's advisory committee to be more pro-active and assist the department in various department and student activities.
- Market the department by networking with local businesses to afford quick student placement of graduating students.
Process for Receiving Information and Filing Complaints
The Business Management Technology Department (BMT) will respond promptly to all complaints in adherance as per college standards. Suggestions or complaints may be received in person, by telephone, by e-mail, or in writing to BMT's Department Chair. All suggestions or complaints will be acknowledged and reviewed. Resolutions will be completed within one week.