The following are the program requirements for anyone to qualify and be eligible to be a CAMP scholar at Texas State Technical College:
- You or an immediate family member must have worked withing the last 24 months for at least 75 days as a migrant or seasonal farm worker
- Participation in/eligibility in Title 1C Migrant Education Program
- Be a US Citizen/Permanent Resident
- Be eligible for financial aid
- Meet the TSTC Harlingen college admission requirements
- Enroll in an Associates Degree Program
- Freshman Status
- Enrolled full time (12 credit hours)
CAMP defines migrant and seasonal farm worker as follows:
- Migrant Worker: a seasonal farm worker, whose employment required travel that precluded the farm worker from returning to his/her domicile within the same day.
- Seasonal Farm Worker: a person who within the past 24 months, was employed for at least 75 days in farm work; and whose primary employment was in farm work on a temporary or seasons basis.