The Communication and Humanities Department at Texas State Technical College -Harlingen provides students with instruction in college level reading, writing skills, research techniques, public speaking, Anthropology, Art and Music Appreciation, Philosophy, Ethics and critical thinking. Besides developing skills, our courses are designed to increase students' cultural awareness and enhance personal growth through experiencing speech and the humanities. We, the faculty, bring to class our highest professional standards in pursuit of these instructional goals.
Customer Service Principles
- Meet our students' needs with caring professionalism.
- Maintain a high standard in our product-educated, literate students.
- Grade fairly and accurately.
- Complete evaluations in a timely manner allowing feedback from students.
Customer Service Goals
The TSTC Harlingen, Communication and Humanities Department seeks to:
- Increase educational opportunities for our community.
- Develop students' intellectual curiosity and interest in scholarship.
- Support success in students' future professional lives.
Contact: For customer service issues resolution in a timely manner:
Customer Service Representative: Monica Mercado, Department Chair, Communication & Humanities
State Representative Irma Rangel Science and Technology Building
Office: W-350, Phone (956) 364-4967