Welcome to the Financial Aid department at TSTC Harlingen. The philosophy of Financial Aid Office is to provide financial assistance to students who would otherwise be unable to pursue a post-secondary education.
The Financial Aid Office offers a variety of financial assistance programs to help eligible students pay their cost of attending TSTC. The money provided through these programs can be in a form of a grant, a payment for part-time employment, a loan, a scholarship, or a combination of any of these programs.
Our office takes pride in serving our students to the best of our ability. So please feel free to come by our office, located in the Student Services Building, anytime to talk with a financial aid advisor and learn how to apply. We’re here to help make your college experience as pleasant as possible.
Although an education at Texas State Technical College is reasonably priced, financial assistance is available to students. A variety of assistance is available including grants, loans, work study and scholarships. Call the TSTC “Harlingen” Financial Aid office to determine how we can help you or visit our Financial Assistance page on this site.
If you want to begin exploring your financial aid options and get an early start on the financial aid process, FAFSA4caster is for you! By using FAFSA4caster, you and your family will receive an early estimate of eligibility for federal student aid. This Web site provides you with an opportunity to increase your knowledge of the financial aid process; become familiar with the various types of federal student aid that are available; and investigate other sources of aid, such as grants and scholarships.
When you're ready to apply for aid, you can easily transition from FAFSA4caster to FAFSA on the Web. Much of the information that you enter in the FAFSA4caster will populate your FAFSA on the Web application, making the experience of applying for federal student aid a lot easier.
So help make your future forecast a bright one by planning now for college. Use the FAFSA4caster now!
How Enrollment Status Affects Financial Aid
If the student has received financial aid and failed to attend classes, they are considered a “no show” and therefore, have not established eligibility for any financial aid. No show students must repay in full any funds received. Read more about "NO SHOW" and how it will affect your financial aid.
Did you know...
- Male citizens of the U.S. and male immigrant aliens 18 through 25 years old must be registered with the U.S. Selective Service System to be eligible for federal student loans and grants. Men can register at any post office, or register now on-line.
- Probation and Suspension letters will be sent to student's email account.
- There is Computer Lab in the Consolidated Student Services Center that you may use to research scholarship information or other Financial Aid information.
- You may fill out, submit, edit, or update your FASFA information on the web with your pin number at high-speed access in the Consolidated Student Serices Center Computer Lab.
- Financial Aid office is open on Saturday mornings
- Financial Aid can also be applied to your Distance Learning Courses.
- You can review your Finanical Aid status, pay tuition and fees and review other important information online. Visit The portal at https://portal.tstc.edu.
Distribution of Funds
Financial assistance funds will be applied to the students account to cover tuition and fees. The balance of the award will be available to the student to purchase books & supplies at TSTC Bookstore. If after covering tuition & fees and books & supplies, the students account still has a balance, Money will be transferred to your TechOne Card after the census date. For more information on the TechOne Card, please visit Money 101 at : https://techonecardharlingen.higheroneaccount.com