Let's Get Started!
Students expecting to graduate are highly encouraged to attend the Graduation Orientation that is generally scheduled by the Office of Admissions and Records approximately four weeks before the end of the semester prior to the student’s graduation semester. This session will provide advance information about graduating, and give you an opportunity to ask questions. A representative from the Office of Career Services will discuss how to take advantage of TSTC JobStar and go over services available to help you with your job search.
- If you plan to attend the Commencement Ceremony you must sign up to walk.
- Complete the Application for Graduation on line through Webadvisor. You will find the application under Academic Profile. (Online application has a deadline that assures your diploma is printed before the ceremony. Late applicants must apply in person directly with the Office of Admissions).
- After you complete the on line application, DO NOT close the pop-up confirmation window until you have printed the confirmation. This document must be presented to the Office of Records and Admissions as proof of application.
- The deadline to complete the application on WebAdvisor is October 06, 2014. After this date you must go to the Admissions Office and fill out a paper copy of the application.
- Even students who do not plan to participate in the commencement ceremony must apply for graduation.
- Students with multiple majors must make an application to graduate for each program.
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey for the Department of Institutional Studies on line at https://survey.tstc.edu/wsb.dll/CHernandez/GraduateExitFY1415.htm
- After you complete the on line survey, DO NOT close the pop-up confirmation window until you have printed the confirmation. This document must be presented to the Office of Records and Admissions as proof of completion.
- Clear all holds on your account with Admissions and Records. These might include parking tickets, library fines, citations, financial aid responsibilities or housing issues. Your diploma will not be issued until these are taken care of.
- Print out your Program Evaluation from Webadvisor, review it with your Program Advisor, and when you are both satisfied with its accuracy, have your Program Advisor sign it.
- If you plan to earn a second Associate Degree or Certificate of Completion, or if you simultaneously pursue two Associate Degrees or Certificates of Completion, the program in which you enrolled first is considered your primary program. You must print out a Program Evaluation from each program and have them both signed by your program advisors. The Department Chair of the primary program submits approval of all courses and credit applied toward graduation in the second program in writing to the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Complete the Graduation Employment Status Survey which will be available on November 21, 2014.
- Graduates will be required to present a picture ID to pick up tickets on December 1, 2014. If you have not completed the Graduate Employment Status Survey, you may complete it in our office at the time you come for your tickets. Graduates who choose NOT to participate in the ceremony ARE also required to complete this survey.
- Register or log on to your TSTC JobStar account; update your contact information and post your resume.
- If you received loans from the TSTC Financial Aid Office, you must complete a Loan Exit Survey.
- Deliver your Program Evaluation/s, signed by your Program Advisor/s, and the Graduate Exit Survey confirmation to the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Visit the Ceremony FAQ page and get ready for the Big Day.
For questions and assistance in completing Registration for Graduation, contact the TSTC Harlingen Office of Admissions and Records at 956.364.8784 or visit their site at www.tstc.edu/harlingenadmissions.