Am I Going to Graduate?
Avoid Last Minute Snags…
- During the early registration process of your last semester, visit with your faculty advisor, review your degree plan together and confirm that you are on track to graduate when you think you should. Make class adjustments as necessary.
- Check Webadvisor to make certain that your chosen major/majors are listed correctly. If there is an error, contact Admissions and Records to submit the change. To do this visit the Admissions and Records office in person, call them at 956.364.4101 or 800.852.8784 or send an email to Admissions@harlingen.tstc.edu .
- Clear all holds on your account with Admissions and Records. These might include parking tickets, library fines, citations, financial aid responsibilities or housing issues. Make payment at the Cashier’s Office in Financial Services and take the receipts to the departments that have holds on your account. When you take your receipt of payment to each department, they will notify the Office of Admissions and Records and the deficiency will be removed. You can check to see if you have any “deficiencies” by contacting the Office of Admissions and Records.
Students graduating from a regular instructional program must meet the following criteria:
- All course work required under the student’s degree plan must be satisfactorily completed, with grades of “C” or higher
- The student’s cumulative TSTC Grade Point Average must be 2.00 or higher.
- To receive an Associate Degree and Certificate of Completion, twenty five per cent (25%) of the total credit hours of the required course work must be earned from TSTC Harlingen.
- All necessary course substitutions and/or transfer credit authorizations must be on file with Admissions and Records.
- All Texas Success Initiative (TSI) standards must be met for the Associate degree. This includes Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science and Academic Core.
For questions and assistance in determining your status, contact the TSTC Harlingen Office of Admissions and Records at 956.364.8784 or visit their webiste at www.tstc.edu/harlingenadmissions.