HEP offers English GED classes
Classes begin in August and continue throughout the year. Classes are scheduled to run from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. New students are accepted on a daily basis. Classes cover all four sections of teh GED (Math, Science, Literature, and Social Studies) as well as Life Management Skills (classes aimed at informing students of academic and career opportunities, skills, and requirements).
The GED Tests
- GED tests are designed to measure the major and lasting academic outcomes normally acquired through completion of a typical high school program of study.
- Persons must master all four sections in order to receive their GED certificate.
- Mastery of the GED is attained through acquiring a minimum score of 150 in each section with an overall score of 600 (www.GED.com).
- The highest score attainable on each exam is 200.
- Instruction in stress management, time management, family relations, study skills, leadership skills and more.
- Referrals to community service organizations, agencies, and services which provide supplemental social services.
- Personal counseling to discuss options to everyday dilemmas.
For more information, please contact HEP at (956) 364-4505.