The Human & Organization Development Office supports the mission of the college by providing a variety of services to students, faculty, staff, and applicants for employment at Texas State Technical College Harlingen. HOD coordinates the areas of affirmative action/EEO, benefits, compensation & classification, employment development/training, employee relations, employment, payroll, and personnel records.
Customer Service Principles
The Human & Organization Development Office is dedicated to providing superior customer service to both internal and external customers by treating everyone with kindness, dignity, and respect.
- The Human & Organization Development Office will respond carefully to customer needs and priorities by offering a wide variety of services that meet the needs of both faculty and staff.
- Customer feedback will be the basis for continued improvement in the overall quality of services offered.
- The Department will maintain a staff trained to handle the needs of all customers.
Customer Service Goals, Objectives, and Standards
The Human & Organization Development Office will work to:
Ensure that all employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
Provide timely and meaningful information on laws, rules, guidelines, and other HOD initiatives.
Ensure that all employees receive appropriate training by providing a variety of training opportunities to suit the needs of all staff members.
- Be accountable and responsive to our customers, including:
- Returning customer calls within one working day of receipt
- Initiating resolution within one working day of initial call
- Resolving problems within one week of initiative
- Communicate effectively by:
- Providing a Web site that has:
- Information regarding the Department
- Information regarding HOD services
- Information regarding HOD initiatives and policies
- Information regarding staff development opportunites
- Providing current news and reports in printed form when requested and appropriate.
Process for Receiving Information and Filing Complaints
The Human & Organization Development Office will respond promptly to all complaints. Suggestions or complaints may be submitted in person, by telephone, by e-mail, or in writing to the TSTC Harlingen Customer Relations Representative. All suggestions or complaints will be acknowledged and reviewed.
Customer Relations Representative:
Cathy Maples, Vice President of Student Development
1902 North Loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550
(956) 364-4301 FAX (956) 364-5141