The Instructional Media Center supports the mission of TSTC Harlingen by providing state-of-the-art media services and equipment to all instructional and support departments of the College. The Instructional Media Center promotes the integration of multimedia technologies into College presentations and classroom/laboratory instruction by maintaining an extensive inventory of multimedia equipment available for use by faculty and staff, as well as comprehensive training programs in the use of multimedia technology by all personnel. Media services provided include the design and development of multi-media presentations, video productions, and a wide variety of audiovisual materials.
Customer Service Principles
1. The department will respond to customer needs, preferences and priorities.
2. Provide assistance and promote the efficient use of audio/video equipment and resources.
3. Provide training on the use of A/V equipment if needed, as well as delivery and set-up.
4. The department will provide value and technical excellence by maintaining a highly skilled and trained staff.
5. To support audio-visual and computer-related equipment needs of its customers; the Instructional Media Center acquires the latest in instructional support equipment.
Customer Service Goals, Objectives, and Standards
1. Support and promote efficient and effective use and management of A/V resources at TSTC Harlingen.
2. Be accountable and responsive to our customers.
3. We will provide service and delivery within 24 hours of receiving the request either through e-mail, phone or walk-in.
4. We will provide our customers with technical support over the phone or in person when possible.
5. The Instructional Media Center will provide its expertise in multi-media technology to the college community.
6. Communicate effectively by:
Providing a web site at http://www.tstc.edu/harlingenimedia that has:
1. Information regarding the department
2. Information regarding Instructional Media Center service and support
3. Information regarding Instructional Media Center equipment available for checkout
4. Electronic request form for requesting equipment online
Process for Receiving Information and Filing Complaints
The Media & Publications Services will respond to all complaints and suggestions within one day of receipt. Suggestions or complaints can be received in person, by telephone, by e-mail, or in writing to the TSTC Harlingen Customer Relations Representative. All suggestions or complaints will be acknowledged and reviewed. A resolution will be completed within one week.
Customer Relations Representative
Mary Gallegos Adams
Vice President for Student Development
1902 North Loop 499
Fax (956) 364-5126
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised: March 2, 2009