Hundreds of eBooks and audiobooks titles are available for library patrons to download. You can read or listen on your computer, and some can be transferred to compatible eBook readers, smartphones, or portable audio devices. As always, suggestions are welcome, and a suggestion box is located next to the Overdrive computer in our library.
Funding provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Please note that digital books can be enjoyed at home, at work, or when you travel, but are generally not for use on the computers in your library.
- First, download and install the free software on your computer. If you want to read Adobe PDF or EPUB books, download Adobe Digital Editions. If you want audiobooks, OverDrive Media Console. Users of iPad/iPhone, Android phones, and wireless Nook devices should download the Overdrive Media Console app from their app store. You will only need to do this the first time.
- Next, browse or search the Learning Resource Center for E-books or audio books. When you locate a title of interest, simply add it to your Book Bag and check out with your Web Adviser login and password.
- If a book is not available, it will say Place Hold instead of Add to Book Bag. Enter your email address and you will get an email when the book is available, then you will have 48 hours to check it out. Once you have checked out the E-book, a download page will be displayed. Click each download button to download your book(s). Once the download is complete, you can close your Internet connection and enjoy your digital book offline.
- Some books can be transferred to portable devices such as E-book readers and MP3 players: see this flyer for more information. Click here for a list of recommended compatible devices.
Kindle and Kindle Fire users! You will need to log in to your Amazon.com account to check out E-books in Kindle format. Kindle Fire users can download the OverDrive Media Console app from the Amazon app store to check out ebooks in EPUB format. See this page for more information on how to download and transfer ebooks to the Kindle or Kindle reading app. For help with the Kindle, click here.
- You will never accrue late fees with digital books. At the end of the digital book loan period, the title will expire and be automatically 'returned' to the library. At this time, you can delete the expired file from your computer and/or portable device.
Overdrive service funding is provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.