Migrant Academic Achievement Residential Summer Program
Yvette G. Mendoza
1902 Loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550
The MAARS Program office is located in Building B, 114Q.
M-F: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sat., Sun.: Closed
The Migrant Academic Achievement Residential Summer (MAARS) program is designed to meet the needs of high school migrant and seasonal farm working students in their pursuit for higher education. This exciting new initiative will give aspiring 11th and 12th grade students from around the Rio Grande Valley area an opportunity to participate in a 6 week college residential experience.
The program's elements include:
- High school credit accumulation
- Technical career exploration internships
- College readiness and leadership seminars
- A tour of Texas colleges and universities
- Follow-up seminars during the following academic year
- Concluding graduation ceremony
- Living allowance
- On-campus college residential experience
- Student Applications Available: December 1, 2014
- Student Application Deadline: February 13, 2015
- Successful candidates will be notified of acceptance by Mid-March.
- PARENT ORIENTATION: Required for Parents and Participants, Date TBA
- Check-in: June 7, 2015
- Program dates: June 8-July 17, 2015
- Closing Ceremony & Check-out: July 18, 2015