In addition to the requirements of the Texas State Technical College Admissions Office and those listed in the College Student Handbook, students planning to enroll in the Medical Assistant Program courses must also complete the following requirements:
- Complete a Medical Assistant department application
- Complete a personal face to face meeting with the Medical Assistant Department program chairman or designated faculty in the program.
- Be THEA/Accuplacer complete
Selections are made according to results of a criminal background check, THEA/Accuplacer completion and GPA in Medical Assistant core classes previously taken.
Prior to all lab/clinical experience:
- All immunizations required by the department must be complete. Including, but not limited to, Tetanus, MMR, TB skin test, Hepatitis B- (series must be complete), and Hepatitis A - (series must be complete) (see chairman/faculty for complete list of immunizations).
- Insurance purchased through the cashier for Liability, Health and Accident, and Needlestick.
- Criminal Background check must be done by Morphotrust USA (currently L1enrollment)