An accident is any damage to person or property. All accidents must be reported to the Motor Pool even if no other vehicles are involved.
- When conditions and/or regulations permit, move to the shoulder or side of the roadway to prevent further damage.
- Contact the local authorities and request an accident investigation if there is more than $700 damage to a vehicle or if anyone is injured. If you are not sure who to call, call "911" and they will send the appropriate authority.
- Notify TSTC Police at (956) 364-4220 if anyone is injured or if there is major damage involved.
- Use the Vehicle Accident Checklist (in the Accident package located in the glove compartment) to write down necessary information such as the names and addresses of witnesses, vehicle information and the other driver's insurance data.
- Do not give statements or discuss the details of the accident with anyone other than police or college authorities.
Complete the State Accident Report form found in the accident package in the vehicle) and submit to the Motor Pool office within 48 hours of your return. Note that this form requires the signature of the responsible faculty member or supervisor.