The Purchasing staff at Texas State Technical College Harlingen is committed to providing all of our customers, both internal (i.e. faculty and staff) and external (i.e. vendors, HUBs, and the community) with the following Customer Service Principles:
- Provide professional services and the highest ethical standards in reporting and administering the purchasing duties of the college.
- Maintain the most timely and efficient operations while administering a competitive purchasing system.
- Obtain the highest quality of goods and services at the level consistent with the quality and delivery requirements of the needs of our internal customers.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to communicate information to our internal and external customers.
- Provide training to our internal customers to make sure they obtain the necessary materials, supplies and equipment to perform their duties.
- Provide training to our external customers on how to do business with TSTC.
- Expect us to be cooperative. If we appear reluctant, especially if it seems contrary to proper business or competitive practices, dont interpret this as an uncooperative attitude. Remember, when we sign your order, it becomes our order; and we must be able to defend it!
- We will promote a strong sense of integrity, teamwork and purpose.