Interested in starting a new club on campus?
Well you can, here are the few and easy steps that you need to take to start a new student club:
- Find a TSTC faculty or staff member who is willing to be the club advisor.
- Have five (5) established club members. This may include the club officers.
- Go to the Office of Student Life and pick up a Club/Organization Annual Application Form, also available on line at https://www.tstc.edu/harlingenstudentclubs/forms
- Fill out application form. The form must have students MyMail e-mail address.
- Once filled out, submit it to the Office of Student Life with Club Constitution and By-Laws (By-laws are optional). The Constitution must have an equal opportunity statement.
- Once application is filled out correctly and complete, the Office of Student Life will decide to approve or deny the club or organization.
- 4. Student Life will then E-mail the club advisor to inform them of their decision.
- All forms are in the Office of Student Life, located in the Student Services Building (SC). All forms are also available on line at https://www.tstc.edu/harlingenstudentclubs/forms
- Each club must submit a constitution and/or by laws with club application.
Constitutions must have an equal opportunity statement.
If you need a sample constitution please click below:
Community Service Requirement
- One community service project per year must be completed.
- A community service project form must be submitted no later than one week after completing project.
- For ideas please visit the Office of Student Activities or the SGA office, located in the Student Center.
Fall Leadership Conference
- At least one club officer and advisor must attend the Fall Leadership Conference hosted by the Office of Student Life.
- Activity Request form must be turned in at least 1 week prior to activity taking place.
- A Club Update Form must be submitted to the Office of Student Activities at the beginning of each semester, and when there are any changes in club membership.
- End of the Year Report must be turned in at the beginning of every fall semester, no later than three weeks after the semester has started.
- All club officers shall maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative Grade Point Average. Each student organization must have procedures defined in their constitution or bylaws concerning academic deficiency and must be responsible for monitoring an acting upon any officers academic deficiencies.