- Completion of all admission requirements to Texas State Technical College.
- Submit official high school and college transcripts from previously attended schools to the office of admission.
- Applicants for admission to the college are required to take a placement test ( TSI assessment.) unless otherwise exempted. For information about exemptions or testing contact the Admissions and records Office (956-364-4319).
- Complete financial aid application.Complete the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA) for the Pell Grant and other financial aid. Must contact the financial aid office for more information on other grants, scholarships, student loans, or sponsoring agencies such as WIA, OR DARS. Veterans should contact their local VA officer on campus.
Steps to Apply
- Must Attend a Surgical Technology Program Information Session.
- Must do a tour and observation at a local hospital set up by the ST department.
- Application submission to the Surgical Technology Program begins on March 2, 2015 thru March 20, 2015 at 3 pm. Application must have a TSTC transcript.
- Completion of the Surgical Technology TEAS V test. Date will be set up by ST department. More information can be found at www.atitesting.com/images
- Completion of Criminal Background Check to be conducted by MorphoTrust USA. The background check dates will be set up by the ST department
SRGT Class Entry Requirements
- Current Immunization documentation. Complete Hepatitis A and B series must be completed by March 20, 2015. Proof of MMR, Varicella, Tdap, meningitis and TB test. Student will be responsible for getting their immunizations.
- Current physical examination from personal physician. The applicant must be in good physical and mental health.Physical forms must be submitted by August 14, 2015.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.0 Grade Point Average.
- Drug Screen Test must be done prior to start of SRGT courses fall semester.
- Must have a Social Security Number to obtain employment and admission into the program.
- Flu shot is required annually. When submitting your form it must contain the following information: (Expiration Date, Manufacturer, and Lot Number). Bacterial Meningitis is now required for all students under age of 30 by Texas State Law.