- Completion of all admission requirements to Texas State Technical College.
- Submit official high school and college transcripts from previously attended schools to the office of admission.
- Applicants for admission to the college are required to take a placement test ( TSI assessment.) unless otherwise exempted. For information about exemptions or testing contact the Admissions and records Office (956-364-4319).
- Must be a 2FCH.ST Major in order to register for the academic course requirements.
- Complete financial aid application.Complete the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA) for the Pell Grant and other financial aid. Must contact the financial aid office for more information on other grants, scholarships, student loans, or sponsoring agencies such as WIA, OR DARS. Veterans should contact their local VA officer on campus.
Steps to Apply
- Must Attend a Surgical Technology Program Information Session.
- Must complete the 2FCH.ST certificate in order to apply for the ST program.
- Must do a tour and observation at a local hospital set up by the ST department.
- Application submission to the Surgical Technology Program begins on March 3, 2014 thru March 21, 2014 at 3 pm. Application must have a TSTC transcript.
- Completion of the Surgical Technology Aptitude Test (HOBET). Administered during the month of March 2014. More information can be found at www.atitesting.com/images
- Completion of Criminal Background Check to be conducted by L-1 Enrollment Services. The background check will be done during the month of March 2014
SRGT Class Entry Requirements
- Completion of 2FCH.ST certificate.
- Current Immunization documentation. Complete Hepatitis A and B series must be completed by March 21, 2014. Proof of MMR, Varicella, Tdap, meningitis and TB test. Student will be responsible for getting their immunizations.
- Current physical examination from personal physician. The applicant must be in good physical and mental health.Physical forms must be submitted by August 16, 2014.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.0 Grade Point Average.
- Drug Screen Test must be done prior to start of SRGT courses fall semester.
- Must have a Social Security Number to obtain employment and admission into the program.
- Flu shot is required annually. When submitting your form it must contain the following information: (Expiration Date, Manufacturer, and Lot Number). Bacterial Meningitis is now required for all students under age of 30 by Texas State Law.