Have you ever wondered if you are safe while surfing the web?
When you use a computer to shop on the Internet, email a friend, or like a posted picture, you risk becoming a victim of cyber criminals. Cyber Security Technicians are the guardians of the network. They make sure your traffic flows reliably, safe and secure from identity thieves and hackers.
Who hires Cyber Security Technicians?
- Insurance Companies
- Accounting Firms
- Educational (public / private / college)
- Hospitals and Medical Offices
- Law Offices
- Telecommunication Companies
- Government Offices
- IT Firms
Your training at TSTC Marshall in the Cyber Security program will include:
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting network hardware, peripherals, and protocols
- Basic computer security
- Operating System installation, configuration and support
- Network operating systems
- End to end configuration, security, and maintenance
While here you will also have the opportunity to earn the following industry recognized certifications:
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA Security +
- CCENT - Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician
- CCNA R&S – Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching
Distinguish yourself in the industry by earning your Associates of Applied Science degree and up to 4 industry certifications!
Cyber Security Program Outcomes:
Graduates of the Associate of Applied Science in Cyber Security will:
- Apply computer security and information assurance concepts covering threats and vulnerabilities, and will integrate prevention methods at hardware, software, and human levels.
- Apply network security and information assurance concepts covering threats and vulnerabilities, and will integrate prevention methods at the hardware level.
- Carry out duties and tasks with respect and consideration of legal factors, standard operating policies, and standard industry practices.
- Conduct activities within safety protocols published by vendors and regulating agencies that minimize physical risk and damage to property or person.