Roles & Responsibilities:
As a DET graduate you can look forward to: challenging job opportunities across the country and around the world, and advanced schooling and training paid by the employer. DET graduates may have job responsibilities that include electronic and electrical systems troubleshooting, engine and transmission overhaul, hydraulic systems repair, and air conditioning systems installation. As a graduate, you may hold positions and titles such as:
- Engine Technician
- Fuel Systems Specialist
- Field Service Technician
In addition to having a degree from TSTC, graduates gain extra credibility in the job market by having industry certifications in mobile air conditioning (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation). Completion of the degree program at TSTC also waves one year of job experience required for NATEF professional certification..
The Technical Advantage:
While at TSTC, DET students use many types of equipment and software to gain the competitive edge.
- CAT Electronic Technician troubleshooting software;
- Cummins Virtual College training software;
- CAT, Cummins, Detroit Diesel and IHC engine trainers;
- Electronic troubleshooting equipment for power trains and air conditioning systems;
- Heavy truck and earth moving machines.