Have you ever wanted your computer to do something new?
When you learn to develop software, you are in control of what happens. Software developers are the people turning ideas into reality. Anything you can imagine can be done with computers IF YOU KNOW HOW. You’ll find software development in many different industries!
Who hires Software Developers?
- IT Firms
- Insurance Companies
- Accounting Firms
- Educational (public / private / college)
- Hospitals and Medical Offices
- Law Offices
- Telecommunication Companies
- Government Offices
Companies, who really USE computers to do their business, need software developers.
Your training at TSTC Marshall in the Software Development program will include:
- Beginning Web Design
- Becoming familiar with different operating systems
- Learning about database administration
- Using databases to store information
- Programming with databases
- Programming Logic
- Scripting Languages
- Object Oriented Programming Languages
- Mobile Programming (iOS - Apple)
- Information Security
Here are some of the languages you’ll learn:
- Pseudo code – planning language
- Python – easy to learn scripting language for beginners
- SQL – language used for databases
- Visual Basic .Net – for building Windows applications
- C# .Net – for building Windows applications
- C++ - advanced language for many general uses
- Java – advanced language for many general uses
- Objective C – for iOS (Apple) programming
Don’t be a code monkey - Train at TSTC Marshall to be a professional software developer!
Software Development Technology Program Outcomes:
Graduates of the Associate of Applied Science in Software Development Technology will:
- Be able to apply software engineering theory, principles, tools and process in order to produce software solutions.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, stakeholders, and others in a professional manner.
- Practice appropriate code of ethics and professional conduct while developing and implementing software solutions.