This program provides education benefits to veterans who contributed to VEAP while on active duty. Chapter 32 is based on contribution.
- you entered active duty for the first time after Dec. 31, 1976 and before July 1,1985.
- you contributed money to VEAP while on active duty. You must have enrolled in and contributed to VEAP before April 1, 1987.
- you served for a continuous period of 181 days or more. You may be eligible if your discharge from a shorter period of active duty was for a service
- connected disability.
- your discharge or release from service was under conditions other than dishonorable.
You may be entitled to receive benefits for up to 36 months. You only have ten years after leaving the service to use your benefits. You can receive a monthly check if you enroll full-time, 3/4 time and half-time. If you enroll less than half-time then you are eligible for tuition and fees only.
In order to be considered for benefits, you must:
- Complete VA Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Educational Benefits)
- Provide copy of DD-214 Member 4
- Provide THEA/TASP/Accuplacer scores and Advisement Form.
- Transfer Evaluation form completed by Program Chair if you attended another College/University before coming to TSTC Marshall.