This program is set up to provide financial assistance for the education of dependent sons, daughters, and spouses of:
- Veterans who died or are permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Military.
- Veterans who died from any cause while such service-connected disability was in existence.
- Service persons missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force.
- Service persons forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
The dependent or survivor may be eligible to receive up to 45 months of educational benefits. They can receive a monthly check for enrollment of full-time, 3/4 time, time, less than time and 1/4 time.
Educational Programs Monthly Rates.
In order to apply, you must:
- Complete VA Form 22-5490 (Application for Educational Benefits.)
- Provide Copy of DD-214 Member 4.
- THEA/TASP/Accuplacer scores and Advisement Form (obtained from Academic Counselor).
- Transfer Evaluation form if you previously attended another College/University must be completed by your Program chair.
Students receiving VA benefits under this chapter and changing their program of study must submit VA Form 22-5495 to TSTC Admissions office; Attention to VA Representative.