The Industrial Maintenance program is designed by industry experts and employers. The courses in this program are directed at cutting edge mechanical and electrical operations, providing you with knowledge and skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps and compressors, machinery installation and alignment, programmable logic controllers, motor controls, electrical installation and wiring, air conditioning and refrigeration, machine shop, power transmissions, troubleshooting, and welding. The classroom learning is supplemented with hands-on training utilizing real-world equipment to provide you with the skills and technical background needed to be successful in most industrial environments.
- ITec graduates will be able to perform industry standard safety procedures designed to protect not only the employee, but mechanical and electrical equipment as well.
- ITec graduates will be able to perform basic mechanical and electrical skills and have diagnostic techniques common to the ITec Maintenance fields.
- ITec graduates will be able to read and interpret prints, work orders, preventative maintenance documents and other documents required to service and repair industrial systems including preventative maintenance issues.
- ITec graduates will be able to diagnose, repair, install, program, align, and test industrial equipment and associated systems.
NOTE: OSHA 10-hour Safety Certification will be required through the milestone or capstone course.
Industrial Maintenance Program Outcomes:
Graduates of the Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Maintenance will:
- Perform industry standard safety procedures designed to protect not only the employee but mechanical and electrical equipment as well.
- Perform basic mechanical and electrical skills and have diagnostic techniques common to the ITEC maintenance field.
- Read and interpret schematics and other documents required to troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical/mechanical systems.
- Install, align and test industrial equipment.