3801 Campus Drive
Waco, TX 76705
The Records Office is located in the System Office of the Human Resources and Educational Effectiveness building at 600 Greenway Street.
M-F: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Records Administration Department is responsible for administering the records management program. This department provides records management assistance and training services to employees within the Texas State Technical College System.
Records management means the application of management techniques to the creation, use, maintenance, retention, preservation, and destruction of state records for the purposes of improving the efficiency of record keeping, ensuring access to public information under Chapter 552, and reducing costs. The term includes:
- the development of records retention schedules;
- the management of filing and information retrieval systems in any media;
- the adequate protection of state records that are vital, archival, or confidential according to accepted archival and records management practices;
- the economical and space-effective storage of inactive records;
- control over the creation and distribution of forms, reports, and correspondence; and
- maintenance of public information in a manner to facilitate access by the public under Chapter 552. (Texas Open Records Act)