The Applied Engineering Technology program at TSTC West Texas gives you a foundation in electronics, robotics, and industrial controls, providing you with an edge in today's changing job market. At our Sweetwater location, you'll get hands-on experience with:
- Industrial robots
- Automated workcells
- State-of-the-art PLC's
- Pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Motor starters, relays, and contactors
- Capacitive and Inductive proximity sensors and optical sensors
- Computer networking tools
- 3-phase AC Power and 3-phase motors
- AC and DC electrical circuits
- Signal generators, oscilloscopes, and digital multimeters
- Advanced semiconductor electronics
...and many other topics and concepts to be discovered through hands-on project-based learning labs.
All of these concepts are demonstrated within a safe environment where members of the AET program teach you to approach complex industrial problems in innovative ways. Our graduates go on to work in diverse industries such as manufacturing, quality control and testing, oil and gas pipeline control and maintenance, wind turbine assembly, and a growing list of new and emerging opportunities.