Texas State Technical College (TSTC) is a public coeducational institution of higher education offering courses of study in technical education leading to the award of Certificates and Associate of Applied Science degrees. TSTC also provides technical education and training to business and industry, continuing education to the public, and training programs for community and state economic development. TSTC colleges are located in Harlingen, Marshall, Sweetwater and Waco with extension centers in Abilene, Brownwood and Breckenridge. TSTC serves students from more than 200 counties in Texas and TSTC graduates begin their careers in high-paying jobs across the state or continue their education at colleges and universities. TSTC graduates are highly valued by business and industry for their work ethic, knowledge and workplace skills.
TSTC's System Vision
The Texas State Technical College System will be a leader in strengthening the competitiveness of Texas business and industry by building the state's capacity to develop the highest quality workforce.
TSTC's System Values
- Innovation: Creating and implementing new ideas and methods.
- Responsiveness: Providing appropriate programs and services in a proactive, flexible, and timely manner.
- Leadership: Developing the visions and strategies for a desired future, and aligning and energizing people to achieve those visions.
- Excellence: Achieving the highest quality in all we do.
- Collaboration: Working cooperatively with other organizations and within our own system.
- Accountability: Measuring our performance and using the results for improvement.
- Stewardship: Ensuring our programs and services add value to our students and communities throughout the state, and operate in accordance with the public trust for which we are responsible.
TSTC Customer Service Goal
It is the goal of Texas State Technical College faculty and staff to provide a level of customer service that is beyond expectation. We pledge to be...
- Friendly to all we meet in our work,
- Helpful in all that we do,
- Courteous in all of our dealings,
- Responsive to customers' needs and
- Accountable for our actions.
We will deliver the highest quality services possible with the highest regard for honesty, integrity and ethical behavior.
- For more information, please call or write to:
Customer Relations Officers
Catherine S. Maples
Vice President of Student Learning
1902 N. Loop 499, Harlingen, TX 78550
Associate Dean, Student Services
2650 East End Boulevard, South, Marshall, Texas 75671
James Fickens, Dean of Students
3801 Campus Drive, Waco, Texas 76705
TSTC West Texas
Irene Gill, Presidents Office
300 Homer K. Taylor Drive
Sweetwater, Texas 79556
Dr. Larry Grulick, Associate Vice Chancellor
3801 Campus Drive,
Waco, Tx 76705
Formal Written Complaint Handling Procedure
Most questions or complaints can be addressed through routine college channels. If additional assistance is needed, you are encouraged to file a formal written complaint. TSTC is committed to your satisfaction. The Customer Service Representatives for our TSTC are listed above.
Submit your complaint in writing by filling out the Effective Customer Relations Form. Alternatively, you may communicate verbally to the respective individuals named above.
The TSTC Customer Service Representative will acknowledge your complaint and let you know the matter is receiving attention. You will be notified in writing within five working days of receiving the complaint as to the length of time it will take to resolve the issue.
The TSTC Customer Service Representative will investigate the complaint.
A solution that is consistent with TSTC policies as well as applicable local, state and federal laws will be proposed to you in writing in the time frame specified in step 2.
You will be contacted by the Customer Service Representative within ten days of the written response to determine your satisfaction with the proposed solution and to be sure that the provisions of the solution have been implemented.
If you are not satisfied with the proposed solution, you may request that your complaint be considered by a Dispute Resolution Committee appointed by the college president. This committee will review all available documentation and render a decision as to the resolution of the complaint. All decisions of the committee are final and are not open to further review.
Please click the following link to view a printable copy of the complaint form.
Effective Customer Relations Form (Opens in Adobe Acrobat. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader)