Commencement Day Ceremony
Your special day has arrived! All Graduates:
Spring 2015: Friday, May 1, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. Ceremony will be at the Abilene Civic Center located at 1100 N. 6th St, Abilene, TX. Parking is available adjacent to the Civic Center. Please arrive no later than 5:45 p.m. to robe and line up. The ceremony will start on time.
- What to wear. You will be walking and standing during a portion of the ceremony; you may want to consider comfortable shoes.
- When you arrive, you will be given instructions regarding the line up process. Also a representative from your campus will give you a card with your name and honors (if applicable). Instructions for the ceremony are printed on it. Do not lose the card or fold it. You must give it to the master of rolls who will announce your name and honors. After all graduates are lined up you will be escorted from the line up area to the seating area by Grand Marshalls. You will not be able to leave your personal items in the line up area, so leave them with family or a friend.
- As you enter through the doors of the auditorium, you will be guided to your row. You will go all the way down the row to the next available seat until all seats are taken. You will remain standing until the end of the national anthem.
- The student speakers will be seated on stage.
- Graduates, family, and friends who are impaired need to let their campus representative know so that arrangements can be made.
- When it is time for you to cross the stage, the marshalls will direct you to the designated area one row at a time in the same order you lined up.
- As you enter the designated area, the Master of Rolls will take your card and announce your name. You are to remain there until your name has been announced.
- After you name has been announced, walk across the stage to where the President is standing; the President will hand you a diploma cover. You will shake the President's hand.
- Your picture will be taken with the President. You will be guided to the next stop for additional pictures on one side of the stage.
- Students who are honor graduates will receive honor cordsbefore the ceremony in the room where you are lining up. Students who are Board of Regents graduates will be given their Board of Regents medallion as they on stage as they recieve their diploma covers.
- Students who are Phi Theta Kappa members will wear their gold shawl, cord and chapter key.
- Your picture will be taken receiving your diploma cover. Chappell Graduation Images (www.gradimages.com) will be taking pictures for a lasting memory of your graduation. Please stop and face the camera after shaking hands with the College President so your picture can be taken. Be sure to look forward and SMILE!!
- Exit the stage and return to seating as directed by the ushers. You will remain seated for the remainder of the ceremony.
- You will be escorted out of the auditorium into the foyer when the ceremony ends.