To be certified as a graduate you must complete the following requirements:
Complete the online Application for Graduation.
- Must have met all Texas Success Initiative requirements.
- Must have met all program requirements:
- Minimum grade of "C" or better in all major course and technical support courses
- Achieved at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Completed at least 15 semester credit hour or 25% of the total required credit hours whichever is greater at TSTC West Texas.
- Make sure all financial obligations are settled. You can check on any outstanding balance at your campus Student Accounting office. If you owe the college money, your transcript will not be issued until you have resolved your financial obligations. These could be any but not limited to the following:
- Unpaid traffic fines on campus
- Library fines
- Books or equipment borrowed and not returned
- Tuition and fee balances
- Room and board charges
- Complete all Financial Aid Loan Exit Counseling online. This is applicable if you received any type of federal loan for financial aid. Students who are sponsored students (i.e. VA, WIA, DARS, PAL and MET) must meet with their campus representative to clear campus.
- Complete the Career Planning and Placement Exit Interview.
Diplomas are ordered for students who complete the application by the deadline. Your diploma and transcript will be mailed to you after your final grades have been recorded and your graduate status has been certified. Please allow 2-3 weeks after graduation. If you applied after the deadline, your diploma may take up to 6-8 weeks after the initial certification.
If you have extenuating circumstances, contact the Registrar or Admissions and Records Office for assistance.
**Please note that all prior balances and holds must be satisfied before you can recieve your diploma. If your account is on any type of hold, your diploma will be withheld, i.e., Accounts Receivable Hold, Federal Exit Interview for Loans, Loan Default Hold, etc. Once you resolve your hold, contact the Registar and Records Office and provide your Name, ID Number, and Current Mailing Address.