- Current Immunization documentation*
- Hepatitis B series
- MMR two doses
- Varicella two doses
*Must be completed by March 15, 2019. Student will be responsible for getting their immunizations.
- Current physical examination from personal physician. Done after being accepted. The applicant must be in good physical and mental health.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
- Drug screen test done after acceptance to program and prior to start of courses.
- Must have a Social Security Number to obtain employment and admission into the program.
- Flu shot is required annually, administered during the month of October. When submitting your form it must contain the following information:
- Expiration Date
- Lot Number
- Meningitis immunization is now required for all students under age of 22 by Texas State Law.
- Completion of all admission requirements to Texas State Technical College.
- Submit official high school and college transcripts from previously attended schools to the office of admissions.
- Applicants are required to take a placement test (TSI assessment) unless otherwise exempted. For information about exemptions or testing, contact the Admissions and Records office at 956-364-4319.
Completed financial aid application. Complete the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA) for a Pell Grant and other financial aid. You must contact the financial aid office for more information on other grants, scholarships, student loans or sponsoring agencies such as WIA or DARS. Veterans should contact a VA officer on their local campus.
Steps to Apply
- Must attend a Surgical Technology program Information session.
- Must do a tour and observation at a local hospital set up by the Surgical Technology department.
- Application submission to the Surgical Technology program begins on February 18, 2019 and ends March 8, 2019 at 3 p.m. Application must include documentation of courses taken at Texas State Technical College or any other college you have attended.
- Completion of the Surgical Technology TEAS test date will be set up by ST department. More information can be found at www.atitesting.com/.
- Completion of a criminal background check to be conducted by IdentoGo by Morpho Trust USA. The background check dates will be set up the ST department after submission of the application.
- Students are responsible for making sure that the results are sent to campus police. Campus police will not accept results that are sent to the student. This will disqualify a student from admission into the ST program.