NCCER Electrical Level 1
NCCER Core and NCCER Electrical
Electricians install electrical systems, wiring and other electrical components, as well as following blueprints and conforming to national, state and local codes.
NCCER Core (72.5 hours)
The NCCER Core Curriculum is a prerequisite and foundation to all other Level 1 craft curriculum. Its modules cover topics such as Basic Safety, Communication Skills and Instruction to Construction Drawings. Completing this curriculum gives the trainee the basic skills needed to continue education in any craft area he or she chooses. NCCER Core credential awarded upon successful completion.
Basic Electrical Wiring NCCER (112.5 hours)
Presentation of the theory of residential electric circuits. Topics include load calculations and safety in electrical work, installation of wiring, load protection, ground fault and other devices commonly used in 110-volt household applications. NCCER Electrical Level 1 credential awarded upon successful completion.
Safety Component (12 hours)
OSHA Construction Safety and Health provides an introduction to specific training techniques involving the safe handling of blood and airborne pathogens, as well as general safety and security on the premises. Addresses the right to know and MSDS. Outlines Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, inspections, penalties and compliance. The trainee will be able to:
• Demonstrate proficiency in handling critical and safety situations.
• Explain the importance of performing tasks safely and correctly.
• Maintain a situation in compliance with OSHA regulations.
OSHA 10 Construction Industry certification awarded upon successful completion.
CPR/AED/First Aid (8 hours)
• Lifesaving skills of respiratory (choking and near-drowning) and cardiac emergencies involving adults. Automated External Defibrillator inclusive. Instruction in basic first aid for injured and ill persons. Students will discuss and demonstrate assessment and management of injured and/or ill persons as recommended by the certifying agency. Students must meet requirements as specified by the certifying agency. Show proficiency according to current guidelines of the credentialing agency. Lab is required. Upon successful completion of the course, trainees will receive a certification card upon successful completion.
• Program total: 204 Hours
• Tuition: $3,670
• Books, tools and labs included.
• Certifications: NCCER Core, NCCER Electrical Level 1, OSHA 10 Construction, Adult CPR.