If you want to advance your manufacturing career, this 100% online course will train you to operate cutting-edge CNC machines.
Job Outlook for CNC Machinists
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), machinists earn almost $45,750 per year, on average. Experienced CNC machinists make between $50,000 and $80,000 annually.
- The BLS notes that job demand for machinists will grow 1-2% over the next decade. However, many of these jobs will require knowledge of CNC machines and automation.
- Deloitte estimates that as many as 2 million advanced manufacturing jobs may go unfilled between now and 2025.
CNC Machinist Program Course
- Machining and Stamping
- Metal Cutting
- Quality and Manufacturing Management
While CNC machining and conventional machining both refer to the process of shaping a raw material into a specific part, the difference between the two processes is that CNC machines are automated while conventional machines are manual or may require multiple machines to cut different a single part.
CNC machinists are expected to:
- Interpret designs of parts to be machined
- Use technical calculations and models to program a CNC machine
- Choose tools or attachments required for a product order
- Set manufacturing metrics such as tolerance levels or cutting speeds
- Maintain and upgrade CNC machines to optimize productivity
- Validate a machine’s output based on the technical standards for a project
- Operate machines under computer numerical control, including lathes, mills, presses, and drills, 3D printers, glass cutters and more
Yes. Technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and the Internet of Things (IoT) are now common in the manufacturing industry, so machinist need to keep pace with new changes.
- Master the basics of CNC controls and programming
- Understand metallurgy and machining and grinding processes
- Learn inspection methods and workholding principles
- Understand the basics of Six Sigma, 5S, Lean, and TPM
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
This is a completely self-pace course. Additional support will be provided through email and phone.