Access & Accommodations
We will make reasonable and appropriate accommodations to meet your individual educational needs to allow you equal access to postsecondary education at TSTC.
We are guided by:
- Section 504 of the National Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which deals with nondiscrimination of disabled students in postsecondary settings, and
- The Americans with Disabilities Act.
Our ADA/504 Coordinator is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act.
You have a right to file a grievance if you believe you have been denied equal access in the form of appropriate accommodations, modifications, auxiliary aids or effective communication, or have experienced discriminatory harassment as described in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- You must submit a written complaint to Access and Learning Accommodations/Designee within 10 days of the alleged action occurring. This can be waived for good cause as determined by Access and Learning Accommodations/Designee. Please include the following information in your complaint:
- Your name and address
- A brief description of the alleged violation, and
- Any documents supporting the complaint.
Access & Learning Accommodations/Designee will work with you to clarify and resolve the issue. We may consult with our ADA/504 Coordinator, staff and/or other parties to resolve your complaint.
- Access & Learning Accommodations/Designee will review the complaint and respond to you within 10 business days of receiving your complaint. If we need additional time, we will contact you. The law allows us an extension of up to 15 business days.
- If you are not satisfied with the decision of Access & Learning Accommodations/Designee, you can submit a written complaint to our ADA/504 Coordinator within 10 business days of receiving the decision. This can be waived for good cause as determined by Access & Learning Accommodations/Designee. Please include your name and address and your reason for filing the complaint.
- The ADA/504 Coordinator will review your complaint and respond within 10 business days of receiving your complaint. If we need additional time, we will contact you. The law allows us an extension of up to 15 business days.
- The ADA/504 Coordinator will consult with Access & Learning Accommodations and/or the ADA/504 Compliance Committee to assist in the resolution process. The ADA/504 Coordinator’s decision will be final at the college level.
- If a complaint is not resolved at the college level, you may choose to file a complaint with the Federal Office of Civil Rights.
The release of and access to all student-related educational records will be in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Following the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), TSTC will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities based on disability in its services, programs or activities. We do not discriminate based on disability in our hiring or employment practices and we comply with all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Dept. of Education, the U.S. Dept. of Justice and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.