Gun exclusion zones
You may request a gun exclusion zone, including temporary postings for Pre-K through 12 activities held at a TSTC location. Contact your campus provost.
Authorized Concealed Carry
You must have a valid handgun license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety to carry a concealed handgun at any TSTC location. The handgun must remain concealed unless you need to display it under circumstances where you “would have been justified in the use of force or deadly force” under the law.
You may not carry a concealed handgun:
- In or into a secured area of an airport, such as the TSTC Aerospace building in Waco and FAA-controlled areas.
- On Challenger Projects and in Challenger Operations buildings.
- In TSTC Police Departments and Emergency Responder offices and buildings.
- In temporary locations where prekindergarten through 12th-grade students participate in school-related events.
- In areas used for preschool children and minor education programs not otherwise excluded by law (e.g., Early Childhood Centers, Head Start Programs, Early College High School Campuses, and EEOC).
- On the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress.
Report all incidents
Report any incident involving a handgun to the TSTC Police Department or appropriate law enforcement agency right away. All incidents will be investigated, dealt with appropriately, and reported to Governance, Risk and Compliance.