Join in and learn the power and usefulness of this time tested and proven system of 5S to improve organization, cleanliness/sanitary conditions and safety at home, work or school. 5S is more than a methodology, it is a philosophy that aims for spontaneous and continuous improvement. It is the foundation for excellence. It sends a clear message throughout that orderliness, cleanliness/sanitary conditions and safety is priority one! 5S is based on the following five principles:
- Sort – if it doesn’t belong, get rid of it… this greatly reduces the time it takes to clean and sanitize…
- Straighten – everything has a place, and everything is in its place…
- Shine – clean & inspect! – its’ time to raise our game when it comes to cleanliness and sanitary conditions!
- Standardize – do the above three on a consistent basis…
- Sustain – maintain & improve over time…
An online activity-based course
That’s right, participants are live online with the instructor, and then go off to work on their 5S project. Whether you’re working from home or still at work this course can be completed by you. You select the project. At home it could be a junk drawer, the kitchen, a playroom, a closet, or even your garage. At work it could be your desk, your office, a breakroom, meeting room, classroom or work cell.
What will I learn?
- How to do effectively implement 5S at home, work or school.
- How 5S contributes to the elimination of waste as defined by the acronym DOWNTIME (defects, overproduction, waiting, not using our talent, transport, inventory, motion, extra processing)
- How to keep score by completing a 5S audit. We can’t effectively manage a process we do not measure.
- How to use “red tagging” as part of the Sort phase of 5S – This keeps us from getting bogged down trying to determine where everything should go and what to do with items we intend to get rid of.
- Prepare a 5S schedule showing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activities required to maintain organization, cleanliness/sanitary conditions and safety.
- How to implement an effective reward/recognition program to encourage participation by everyone
What will I receive?
eFiles including a full 5S manual, a variety of useful forms and templates. Everything you need to effectively implement 5S!
What do I need to participate?
- A computer, laptop, iPad or smart phone
- Internet access
- A willingness to learn and apply!
How does this work?
- 4-hours online per day for two days – project work is completed both during the session and between
(Custom formats available for companies who wish to have this delivered to their staff. i.e. 90 minutes online per day for five days – project work is completed between online sessions, 8-hours online for 1 day – project work is completed during the session, etc.)
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wishes to simplify orderliness, cleanliness/sanitary conditions and safety at home, work or school