- Accommodation Statement
- Testing Accommodation Form
- Trainings for Faculty and Staff
- Referring Students to Support Services
The Accommodation Statement must be included in all course syllabi:
"If you have a documented disability which will make it difficult for you to carry out the work as the instructor has outlined and/or if you need special accommodations due to a disability, please contact (956) 364-4520 or visit Support Services located in the Student Services Bldg. EK room 216 as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements."
Testing Accommodation Form
Instructors must use the Testing Accommodation Form when sending a test to Support Services. This form provides Support Services with any special instructions for the student when taking the test.
You may pick up the form at the Support Services Office or download it on the web.
Training for Faculty and Staff
- ADA Training is generally provided at the New Employee Orientation. It provides basic knowledge of your role as a faculty or staff member and understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act. This training is mandatory for all faculty and staff.
- disAbilities Perspective are trainings offered periodically to the faculty or staff to help heighten awareness pertaining to students with disabilities. These trainings cover specialized topics in which instructors can learn how students can or are impacted by the classroom environment; instructional delivery systems; or activities. These trainings will afford faculty and staff the opportunity to learn how to actively engage in the accommodation process.
Referring Students to the Support Services Office
- Refer students self disclosing a disability or requesting accommodations to the Disability Accommodation Specialist.
- Staff/Faculty are encouraged to send an email to the Disability Accommodation Specialist to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate a referral has been made.
Note: It is not recommended that faculty and staff discuss a student's disability or inquire if a student has a disability. Support Services recommends to allow the student to decide on their own to visit our office.