(WACO, Texas) – For Samantha Higham, of League City, her days consist of metals and her weekends are for mammoths. Higham is a fourth-semester student working toward an associate degree in Texas State Technical College’s Precision Machining program at the Waco campus. Higham had some experience with machining when she was a student at Clear...
(RED OAK, Texas) – Vincent Dubose, of Glenn Heights, graduated from Texas State Technical College’s Electrical Power and Controls program in 2025. The U.S. Navy veteran returned to the North Texas campus to be part of the MEI (Mechanical, Electrical and Information Technology) Data Center Pathway program’s third cohort. “I wanted to do something more...
(RED OAK, Texas) – Bill Taylor, of Dallas, is helping open doors for himself and other deaf students in Texas State Technical College’s HVAC program. “TSTC has given me the hope and knowledge that I can do it,” he said. “It’s very important for people to know that deaf people can do the job, they...
(HARLINGEN, Texas) – A growing wave of women is stepping up to the welding bench at Texas State Technical College’s Harlingen campus, where 23 women are currently training for a career in a high-demand field. With 13 new women joining 10 returning classmates this fall, the surge in enrollment highlights a shifting demographic in a...
(MARSHALL, Texas) – Texas State Technical College’s Electrical Construction program has officially debuted in Marshall, and staff were blown away by the results. “It became pretty obvious that there was interest in the program when the first classes filled up in just about a week,” said Bart Day, provost of TSTC’s Marshall campus. “Rather than just getting...
(RED OAK, Texas) – While pursuing a bachelor’s degree in supply chain operations management, Moises Guerrero, of Richardson, briefly worked as an auto mechanic. “It was a lot for me to handle because I had a lot of classes and some other things going on. I left the shop, but I still had the interest...