Current Immunization documentation*
- Hepatitis B series
- MMR two doses
- Varicella two doses
*Must be completed by application submission. Student will be responsible for getting their immunizations.
- Current physical examination from personal physician. Done after being accepted. The applicant must be in good physical and mental health.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
- Drug screen test done after acceptance to the program and prior to start of courses.
- Must have a Social Security number to obtain employment and admission into the program.
- Flu shot is required annually, administered during the month of October. When submitting your form it must contain the following information:
- Expiration Date
- Lot Number
- Meningitis immunization is now required for all students under the age of 22 by Texas state law.
- Please review the Surgical Technology presentation package.
- Completion of all admission requirements to Texas State Technical College.
- Submit official high school and college transcripts from previously attended schools to the office of admissions.
- Applicants are required to take a placement test (TSI assessment) unless otherwise exempted. For information about exemptions or testing, contact the Admissions and Records office at 956-364-4319.
Completed financial aid application. Complete the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA) for a Pell Grant and other financial aid. You must contact the financial aid office for more information on other grants, scholarships, student loans or sponsoring agencies such as WIA or DARS. Veterans should contact a VA officer on their local campus.
Steps to Apply
- Must view the Surgical Technology program information session PowerPoint on the website.
- Must schedule a tour and observation at a local hospital set up by the Surgical Technology Department. Please call Esmeralda Reyes at 956-364-4636 for instructions and availability of tour dates.
- Electronic application submission to the Surgical Technology program begins on May 10, 2021 and ends June 18, 2021 at 3 p.m. Application must include documentation of courses taken at any other college you have attended as well as a copy of your immunization record.
Students interested in learning more about the Surgical Technology program can sign on to on meet with a Surgical Tech advisor via WebEx for more information.
Virtual meets are scheduled every second Tuesday of the month from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- July 13, 2021 (Mrs. Ramirez)
- August 10, 2021 (Mrs. Gonzales)
- September 14, 2021 (Mrs. Ramirez)
- October 12, 2021 (Mrs. San Pedro)
- November 9, 2021 (Mrs. Gonzales)
- December 14, 2021 (Mrs. Ramirez)
- January 11, 2022 (Mrs. San Pedro)
- February 8, 2022 (Mrs. Gonzales)
- March 8, 2022 (Mrs. Ramirez)
- April 12, 2022 (Mrs. San Pedro)
- May 10, 2022 (Mrs. Gonzales)
- June 14, 2022 (Mrs. Ramirez)
- July 12, 2022 (Mrs. San Pedro)
- August 16, 2022 (Mrs. Gonzales)
Please use the following information to log on to the meeting. You will have to download Cisco WebEx to your computer or device in order to gain access to the meeting. If you have difficulties with signing on, please feel free to contact Mrs. San Pedro at 956-364-4810.
Meeting number: 120 805 5274
Host key: 949870
Join by video system: Dial firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also dial 18.104.22.168 and enter your meeting number.
For internal TSTC users, dial #8 followed by the 9-digit meeting number and tap “Call” or “Dial”.
If you are the host, enter your PIN when prompted, followed by the #.
Join by phone: +1-415-655-0003 US Toll
Access code: 120 805 5274