Current Immunization documentation*
- Hepatitis B series
- MMR two doses
- Varicella two doses
- Tdap (current within 10 years)
*Must be completed by application submission. Students will be responsible for getting their immunizations.
- The following are to be completed once the student has been accepted into the ST program:
- Physical examination from a personal physician. The applicant must be in good physical and mental health.
- Drug screen
- Flu vaccine is required annually. When submitting your immunization form it must contain the following information:
- Lot Number
- Expiration Date
- Meningitis immunization is required for all students under the age of 22 by Texas state law.
- Completion of all admission requirements to Texas State Technical College.
- Submit official high school and college transcripts from previously attended schools to the office of admissions.
- Applicants are required to take a placement test (TSI assessment) unless otherwise exempted. For information about exemptions or testing, contact the Admissions and Records office at 956-364-4319.
- Students must have a Social Security number to obtain employment and admission into the program.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
- Completed financial aid application. Complete the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA) for a Pell Grant and other financial aid. You must contact the financial aid office for more information on other grants, scholarships, student loans or sponsoring agencies such as WIA or DARS. Veterans should contact a VA officer on their local campus.
Steps to Apply
- Please review the Surgical Technology presentation package.
- Program Application: Electronic application submission
- Fall application dates: May 8, 2023 – June 16, 2023 at 3 p.m
- Spring Application dates: September 18, 2023 – October 27, 2023
- Application must include documentation of courses taken at any other college you have attended as well as a copy of your immunization record.
- Download the 2023 Surgical Technology Admission Information Packet
HESI/CRT A2 SRGT / Dates May 8–June 16, 2023
Virtual (Students can schedule exam on 5/8 starting at 8 a.m. through 1 p.m. on 5/9)
Campus (9:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.)
May 31–June 1
Virtual (Students can schedule exam on 5/31 starting at 8 a.m. through 1 p.m. on 6/1)
Campus (9:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.)
Students interested in learning more about the Surgical Technology Program please sign on to meet with a Surgical Technology advisor via WebEx for more information. Virtual meets are scheduled every second Tuesday of the month from 3:30pm -4:30pm.
The following dates will be available:
- January 10, 2023
- February 14, 2023
- March 14, 2023
- April 11, 2023
- May 9, 2023 (In person at the Eddie Lucio building, room U-202)
- June 13, 2023
- July 11, 2023
- August 8, 2023
- September 12, 2023 (In person at the Eddie Lucio building, room U-202)
- October 10, 2023
- November 14, 2023
- December 12, 2023
Please use the following information to log on to the meeting. You will have to download Cisco WebEx to your computer or device in order to gain access to the meeting. If you have difficulties with signing on please feel free to contact Yolanda Ramirez at 956-364-4810.
2620 249 9117
More ways to join
Join by video system
You can also dial 184.108.40.206 and enter your meeting number.
For internal TSTC users, dial #8 followed by the 9-digit meeting number and tap “Call” or “Dial”. If you are the host, enter your PIN when prompted, followed by the #.
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 US Toll
Access code: 2620 249 9117