Section 104 of the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act (P.L. 101-542) requires institutions eligible for Title IV funding to:
- Calculate completion or graduation rates of certificate- or degree-seeking, full-time students entering that institution.
- Disclose these rates to all students and prospective students.
- Submit an annual report to the Secretary of Education.
The report contains, among other things:
- Graduation/completion rates of all students.
- Graduation/completion rates of students receiving athletically related student aid by race/ethnicity and gender and by sport.
- Average completion or graduation rate for the four most recent years.
These data must also be disclosed to parents, coaches and potential student athletes when the institution offers athletically related student aid.
*** Reflects an unduplicated count of students since some students were awarded both a certificate(s) and/or associate degree(s).