Students must pass the written CDL Permit exam and the behind-the-wheel driving exam with the DMV to pass this course. Students will not be permitted to drive on public roads until a CDL permit has been obtained.
Training covers topics in Basic Operations, Safe Operating Practices, Vehicle Maintenance, and other activities such as Railroad Crossings, Speed and Space Management, Documentation Regulations, Accident Procedures, and Extreme Conditions.
Admission to TSTC and the Commercial Bus Driver program includes:
- Must be at least 18 years of age. (The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) requires that all interstate drivers be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must provide a driving record free of current serious violations
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical as required by Federal & State agencies.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen when administered.
- No felony convictions in the past five (5) years. All criminal records are subject to review and may be required to provide a letter of intent to hire from a prospective employer.