Introduction to Welding Fundamentals (96 hours)
An introduction to the fundamentals of equipment used in oxy-fuel and arc welding, including welding and cutting safety, basic oxy-fuel welding and cutting, and basic SMAW (stick) welding instruction in various welding positions on plate and/or pipe.
Introduction to Flux-Cored Arc Welding (84 hours)
An overview of terminology, safety procedures and equipment setup. Practice in performing T-joints, lap joints, and butt joints using self-shielded and gas-shielded electrodes. Intro to Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
Safety Component (12 hours)
OSHA General Industry/Construction Safety and Health provides an introduction to specific training techniques involving the safe handling of bloodborne and airborne pathogens, as well as general safety and security on the premises. Addresses Right-to-Know and MSDS. Outlines Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, inspections, penalties and compliance. The trainee will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in handling critical and safety situations.
- Explain the importance of performing tasks safely and correctly.
- Maintain a situation in compliance with OSHA regulations.
Forklift Component (10 hours)
- Safety awareness, components identification, and field driving exercises.
- Analyzing the hydraulic and electrical components and safety precautions.
- Discussion of preventative maintenance and basic repairs.
- Variety of exercises, lifting techniques and additional criteria evaluation such as surface conditions.
- Successfully demonstrate maneuvering exercises around simulated obstacle course.