Official "TSTC Selfie Contest" Rules
1. Positive entries only. All entries must remain positive, exhibit good sportsmanship, showing our PRIDE in our victories, in competing, and in TSTC.
2. Entry: You may enter the contest by taking a “selfie” and posting it to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, tagging @TSTCproud and @SkillsUSA and using a variety of hastags including but not limited to: #TSTCskills, #TSTCgold, #TSTCbronze, #TSTCsilver, #TSTCproud, #ChampionsAtWork, #skills2014, and including an explanation about what makes you “TSTC Proud.” Entries posted in this manner will be equally considered and eligible for the contest prizes in the three designated categories.
3. Sponsor: The TSTC Foundation, 3801 Campus Drive, Waco, TX 76705 (“Sponsor”)
4. Eligibility: Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, and a legal resident of the United States.
5. Entry Period: Contest period is during SKILLS USA Week (June 23-June 27, 2014 at 11:59 pm (CST). Winners will be contacted directly and announced on July 3, 2014.
6. How to Enter: This contest requires online entry only through participation. No other method of entry will be accepted. Participants are solely responsible for mobile devices, Internet connectivity and any other means that may be required in order to create and submit any entry. To be eligible, entrants must take a selfie (a picture taken of oneself, typically with a smartphone or hand‐held digital camera or webcam), post to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, tag the @TSTCproud account in the posting at @TSTCproud (for Twitter), @TSTCproud (for Instagram), "Texas State Technical College" (for Facebook) and tell us what makes you “TSTC Proud”. Entries must include the entrant or participant wearing anything with TSTC, orhave the TSTC name, logo or wordmark in the photo.
7. Multiple Submissions Allowed: Unlimited submissions will be for contest consideration. A person may submit the same entry on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Creation of multiple Instagram or Twitter Accounts to enter the contest will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, the authorized account holder of the social media account will be deemed to be the entrant. Winning entries may require proof that the participant is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning submission. In the event that the entrant is not the individual that appears in the submission, entrant must have acceptable permission from that individual to use their name and likeness in the submission and to grant the rights set forth herein in order to be eligible to win.
8. Social Media Release: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Instagram, Facebook and Twitter are released of any tie to the entrant or participant in this contest.
9. Conduct: Entrants or participants in this contest must exhibit sportsmanlike behavior, and not vandalize, destroy or otherwise bring to harm any other individual or property. Official rules will be posted online at www.TSTC.com throughout the promotion period. Sponsor reserves the right to use its sole discretion to disqualify any individual acting in violation of the Official Rules or acting in an inappropriate manner.
10. Content Restrictions: Content that is defamatory, hateful, obscene, inappropriate, slanderous , libelous, or contains content owned by a third party is prohibited. Content must not contain any material that violates or infringes another’s rights to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Submission must not contain unlawful material or brand names or trademarks other than those owned by the Sponsor.
11. Winner Selections: A total of three (3) winners will be selected by judges from a pool of all eligible entries. Judging will take place between the closing time of the contest on June 27, 2014 and the announcement of the winners on July 3, 2014. The Sponsor shall have sole discretion to determine the panel of qualified judges. Judging criteria will be based on creativity, originality, personality and fit to contest theme for each of the three respective categories (proudest, funniest and most creative). Judges will determine the winners, and their decisions will be final.
12. Prizes Awarded: A total of three (3) prizes will be awarded, each comprised of $150 USD Visa gift cards. A prize will be awarded for the submission that judges determine best fits each of the following three (3) categories:
- Most creative
13. Winner Notification: Winners will be announced on July 3, 2014 by The TSTC Foundation on the @TSTCproud Twitter, Instagram accounts and the TSTC System Facebook account and will also be contacted directly by our office. Winners will be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility and a publicity/liability release within ten (10) business days of responding to the notification. If the selected winner cannot be reached, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize or fails to return a completed and executed affidavit and release as required, the prize may be awarded to another eligible entrant. Winner consents to the use of his or her name and likeness without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
14. Terms and Conditions: Participants agree that uploading a submission and tagging the TSTCproud on Instagram and Twitter or TSTC System Facebook account constitutes entrant’s consent to enter the contest and gives Sponsor a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non‐exclusive license to use, modify, reproduce, publish, and display such submissions in whole or in part in any form in any media or technology now existing or developed in the future. No additional consent or compensation will be required for future use for any reason, including promotional or marketing purposes. No claim shall be asserted against Sponsor relating to any damage, loss or injury resulting from phone, camera, computer or technical malfunction, or late or misdirected entries.
15. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the contest, entrants agree that participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and agree that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
16. Early Termination of Contest: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion at its sole discretion.
17. Compliance with Law: The contest shall be governed by applicable laws of the United States of America, and such laws will take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
18. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor shall not be responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate information associated with or utilized in the contest whether provided by entrant or otherwise, technical failures of any kind, human error which may occur in the administration of the contest, uploading, processing or judging of submissions, or unauthorized third party use of submissions.
19. Taxes: The value of any prizes awarded may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All relevant taxes that may be owed on a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.