- High School Diploma or GED, and post-secondary automotive education level (or equivalent military service experience) acceptable to Tesla
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Attend and pass each of the 16-week training sessions with an 85% or higher GPA
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and insurable
- Must be willing to relocate upon successful completion of the program
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Accept employment at a Tesla Service Center within 30 days of graduation from the program
- Must follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail
- Be able to work in a team-based environment and achieve set goals
- Must have a “safety first” attitude
- Familiar understanding of the English language
- Basic computer skills, including navigating web browsers and using standard applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe
- Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
If you meet the requirements listed, apply on the Tesla website. Tesla will review all applicants and if selected, you be instructed to complete a TSTC registration form prior to beginning the training.
Who can apply?
Anyone legally authorized to work in the United States, with a valid driver license and a High School Diploma or GED and post-secondary automotive education level.
Can current TSTC students apply?
Students already enrolled at TSTC can apply.
Can international students apply?
International students who want to apply must have permission to work in the United States to be accepted.
Is previous experience in Automotive Maintenance required?
Past automotive repair, experience is not required but highly recommended.
What is the time commitment required from students?
This is a 16-week, intensive, full-time program. Students should plan on work and study hours that range from morning to evening.
What are the job opportunities after completing the program?
Tesla will provide job-placement assistance to graduates of the program. Jobs for Tesla Service Technician may be at Service Centers across North America. Relocation may be required depending on available job openings.
When are students selected for the program announced?
Close to the start of each new cohort.
What are the required tools for students accepted in the program?
Tesla will provide the required tools, equipment and educational content required to be a successful student at the Tesla Technician program.
Is there any financial support for students while attending the program?
Students will receive a stipend from Tesla for the hours dedicated to the program. Additionally, the students accepted can apply for a Sallie Mae loan.